Swedish MeatballsWhen an emergency pops up and you're forced to dig into your long-term food storage, will you know how to use it? Follow along with this video as Chef Keith Snow instructs you on how to make a most delicious meal of Swedish meatballs. Give it a go and let us know how it turned out!
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1.5 cups Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried Italian-Style Meatballs
- 3 cups boiling water
- 8 tbs. Emergency Essentials Alfredo Sauce Mix
- 4 tsp. Emergency Essentials Beef Gravy Mix
- 2 tbs. Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried Onions, rehydrate in boiling water 5 minutes
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spices
- 6 tbs. sour cream
- Reserved rehydrating liquid
- 2 cups Emergency Essentials Egg Noodles, cooked per package instructions
- Rehydrate meatballs and onion flakes per can directions, reserve in liquid. (Save liquid.)
- Once rehydrated, fry meatballs in melted butter for 3-4 minutes, remove meatballs, set aside.
- In same pan, over medium heat, with remaining melted butter, add sour cream, beef gravy, alfredo powder, onions, and liquid, whisk often, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add reserved liquid, bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Add pumpkin pie spice and Worcestershire sauce. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley or Italian seasoning.
Chef’s Note: This recipe yields enough sauce for at least 4 servings.