Cooking with spelt is very similar to wheat. You can crack, grind or cook the spelt berry. You can make bread, waffles, pancakes, hot cereal, cake, muffins, cookies, crackers, pasta and more. There are some variations in the recipes because spelt doesn't require as much water and doesn't need to rise as high as wheat. Enjoy!
4 Tbsp butter powder
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup orange drink mix or juice
1/3 cup dehydrated applesauce (rehydrated)
3 Tbsp whole egg powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup water
2 1/2 cups spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups freeze-dried blueberries (rehydrated)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F
2. Combine butter powder, sugar, orange drink mix, applesauce, whole egg powder, vanilla and water in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Combine spelt flour, baking powder and salt in a different bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix gently.
5. Add blueberries (rehydrated) to batter and mix gently.
6. Bake in lightly greased muffin pans for about 25-30 minutes.
7. Makes about 12 medium sized muffins.