As you prepare yourself and your family for emergencies, don't forget about light sources. Consider how much light you will need for your house. Be sure to consider the people in your house who will need lighting. When the power does go out, you will be thankful you took the time to prepare.
I am on oxygen, what should I be looking for when the lights go out?
Nice article but In response to Don’s statement, "never use any electrical device if you believe flammable vapors are in the air. The switch or push button mechanism in a flashlight, as per your recommendation, could cause ignition of the vapors due to arcing when the switch contacts are closed. The Snapsticks are the best during those conditions.
I went and looked at the post again and I now realize the confusion. This paragraph is referencing our light sticks and not the 100-hour candle. Again, I totally agree that a candle would be unsafe to use during a gas leak. I went in and changed the sentence so it is clear that we are talking about the light sticks. Thanks for your comment!
Thanks for letting us know about this. I totally agree with what you’ve said. I will work on updating this post.
I must comment on this paragraph. First I want to say that I love these candles. I bought 4 cases of them. They have an adjustible wick to be brighter or not, by pulling out the wick a little. It is still an open flame, so, think about your safety first.
"These lightweight and easy-to-use lights are great when flammable fumes or possible gas spills make fire and electric power unsafe. They are completely safe in any emergency and will offer light for up to 12 hours."
I disagree! Should you have a gas leak — do not use anything with an open flame, such as this emergency light. Use a flashlight instead, until you have vented out any combustible gases. Gases explode and can burn you and your loved ones. Be safe.