397-Piece First Aid Kit
First aid is something that we all have some experience with. You may have had to treat a scraped knee, a blister after a hike, or something much more serious. The sight of blood coming from a wound can be very upsetting for some people.
It is wise to study up on first aid in advance so if you have the need to provide first aid assistance, you can stay as calm as possible and take proper action. Remember to keep your first aid kit well stocked at all times!
The following are some guidelines for handling minor cuts and scrapes:
• Wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water removing any foreign material, such as gravel or dirt, which can cause infection
• Cover with a sterile dressing and bandage
• Keep it clean and dry at all times
• Wash the wound area daily (without scrubbing) and reapply a clean dressing until it is completely healed
• Sponge area lightly with disinfectant
Some experts feel that applying products like hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, and iodine directly onto the site may delay healing of the affected area. Use your judgment, if you are hesitant, you can swab the area surrounding the cut instead.
The 397-Piece First Aid Kit is a great kit to add to your emergency supplies. It comes organized in a quality travel bag and includes a bonus mini backpack which is perfect for having access to first-aid items anywhere. It is on sale for only $32.99 through the end of August.