Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
By: Keith Snow
What you eat for breakfast sets the tone for the rest of your day, so you might as well make it a good one, right? Keith Snow takes you through the steps to creating your own delicious breakfast in the form of a hash brown casserole using your shelf-stable food.
Prep: 10 min | Bake: 22 min | 6 Servings
- 1 1/2 cups Emergency Essentials Hash Brown Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tbs Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried White Onion Flakes
- 1/4 cup Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbs Emergency Essentials Chicken Gravy Mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add 1/2 cup warm water to cheddar cheese in a small bowl. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add hash browns, onions, salt, pepper, chicken gravy mix, and rehydrated cheddar cheese (plus soaking liquid) into a large work bowl. Add boiling water, stir well, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour contents of the bowl into a casserole dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 22 minutes.
- Serve with eggs, bacon, or other breakfast treats.
Enroll in Food Storage Feast to access dozens of videos and recipes like this one.
Did you make it? Let us know how it turned out!
Be Ready For Any Disaster With These Survival Basics
Free Hurricane Prep Guide
35 pages of tips and suggestions to keep you and your family safe this season.