Did you know we’re on Pinterest? Oh, yeah, we’re hip like that. We even have pins of cute puppies and some ecards, just like everybody else. But you know what else we’re pinning? You don’t? Well, that’s because you haven’t checked us out yet. So, howzabout a little tour? For starters, our official Pinterest page can be found here: http://www.pinterest.com/emeressentials/. For those who don't know, Pinterest is a social media network that allows you to post pictures of products, crafts, or other neat ideas that you can test out at home. You post pictures on "boards" (see the pictures below) so that your followers can see what you're posting. At the moment we have 33 boards (we’ve got a lot on our mind) and more than a thousand followers. And we’re following some of you preparedness enthusiasts, which is really exciting. Here are a few highlights, but we’d love it if you jumped on Pinterest and looked around for yourself.
Our favorite boards
- Food Storage Recipes – Salmon burgers and fruit salsa? Egg drop soup and Superbowl party treats? Would you believe we can do all that with our food storage? From freeze dried goodies to solar cooking, this board will make rotation a pleasure and emergency eating a treat.
- Tutorials, Ideas and Plans – Our tireless researchers have scoured the Internet for instructions on just about everything you’d need to do, um, ever. Moldy tent? Tipnut.com has a step-by-step tutorial. Drowning buddy? Artofmanliness.com has an infographic. We’ve even pinned a youtube video on how to make a woven half-hitch paracord pouch. I know, right?!
- Pet Preparedness – We always think about ourselves and children in our preparations, but what about Fido and Fluffy? Check here for tips, resources, and products to keep furry friends happy and healthy in case of an emergency.
- No Room for Supplies? – We’re particularly proud of this board. Do you have, or have you found, a creative idea for home storage? You know, like furniture with hidden compartments, rooms with false walls? Send us a link and it may show up here.
- Do It Yourself Preparedness – You know we’re a sucker for DIY. Look here for ideas on how to make essentials like laundry soap, or fun kitchen organizers, like this one http://www.pinterest.com/pin/77898268528076372/.
Why you should follow us
- Preparedness Pantry Blog – Don’t get a chance to check our blog as often as you’d like? Most of our blog posts get pinned to this board. Follow us, and you’ll always know when there’s something new to check out.
- My Emergency Binder – This board is a hidden treasure. Printables and downloads from our site are available here, along with good ideas for how to organize and store an emergency binder.
- Giveaways and Contests – Best board ever. Follow us on Pinterest, and opportunities to win freebies will pop up magically in your feed. It’s kind of like Christmas. And speaking of…
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!(Pardon the all caps, but we’re really, really excited. In fact, we’re so excited that we’ve got five pinboards dedicated to Christmas shopping. It’s never too early, right?)
- Gifts under $5 , 10 , 25, 50 – Just what they sound like, these boards provide lots of good ideas for Christmas gifts across a range of price points.
- Stocking stuffers and small gifts – We really like the idea of loading up on little things. These would be perfect for kids’ stockings, a company or church gift exchange, or to have wrapped and on hand for last minute Christmas guests.
- Customer favorites – Still can’t think of anything to buy your family and friends for Christmas? Browse the 100+ plus pins on this board to see what our regulars buy on a usual basis.. There’s bound to be something to please that hard-to-buy-for type here.