I just read a news story about a class-action lawsuit that has been filed against a major fast food chain. Part of the suit claims that the meat mixture used by the food chain doesn't meet the minimum requirements set by the USDA to be labeled "beef."

In fact, the mixture only contains about 35 percent beef, while the remaining 65 percent contains fillers such as wheat oats and soy lecithin (ingredients similar to what is found in textured vegetable protein).

Well, this got me to thinking about our Provident Pantry® Freeze-Dried Meats. Is the Ground Beef really Ground Beef? How about the White Chicken, Roast Beef and the Shrimp? Sure enough, our freeze-dried meats will "meat" your expectations. The following Provident Pantry® products are 100% meat without additives or preservatives:

  • Freeze-Dried Ground Beef
  • Freeze-Dried Roast Beef (some added salt)
  • Freeze-Dried White Chicken
  • Freeze-Dried Cooked Shrimp


In addition, we carry Mountain House Freeze-Dried Pork Chops that are also 100% meat - the pork variety, that is.


So get some of our amazing 100% all meat freeze-dried products for your food storage today. As a bonus, they can be stored up to 25 years in ideal conditions. And the next time you want some "real" meat, skip the fast food joint and open up a can of your very own Freeze-Dried Ground Beef.

\n

3 comments

Anonymous

Anonymous

How long will the Freeze Dried beef last when opened and repackaged in vacuum bags and stored in a freezer? I like to camp and backpack making my own meals. I think the freeze dried meats would help greatly. Thank you.

Mark

Mark

Most of the items in our storage are nutritious and will certainly fill our hunger needs, but they can become somewhat repetitive and bland without the flavor and protein that real meat can provide. A little meat can go a long way!
Mark

Corey

Corey

One of the most important things to purchase is food with protein. Your body will crave protein if you are hungry. These foods are a good way to get your protein.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published