To Make Strawberry Cake:
Add ½ cup Strawberry Powder to a White Cake mix or batter, along with ½ cup extra water. Bake according to directions for your altitude.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:
- 3-4 C
- Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 C
- Strawberry Powder
- 1 C
- Softened (but not melted) butter
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, if you used unsalted butter. If you use salted butter, omit this salt
- Milk or cream to achieve desired consistency (more than plain frosting, as the strawberry powder tends to thicken)
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed to be sure it’s all soft and creamy.
- Mix strawberry powder with powdered sugar.
- Gradually add 3 cups of the powdered sugar mixture, beating on low speed. Once it’s mixed, increase speed to medium and add vanilla if desired.
- Add milk or cream to achieve the consistency you want in your frosting.