Since September is National Preparedness Month (known around here as Preptember™) we’re celebrating in true Emergency Essentials style. In honor of our motto, “Helping People Prepare,” we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate our favorite month than to take Emergency Preparedness back to its basics.
All month long we’ll be talking about easy ways to get into emergency preparedness, simple strategies for maintenance, and how to master the bare essentials.
Here are some of the topics that we will be covering in our month-long series:
- Creating an Emergency Plan and learning survival skills
- Building or buying the perfect emergency kit for your family
- Talking to your kids about Preparedness
- Storing and filtering water properly
- Storing both short-term and long-term food storage
- Cooking with food storage
Keep an eye out for these articles on Emergency Essential’s Preparedness Pantry Blog
, or follow us on Facebook for the latest information, tips, and recipes (we’re also known to do a lil’ giveaway every now and again).
So what steps are you going to take this Preptember™?
If you want to create an emergency preparedness plan, but don’t know where to start, check out these great emergency preparedness resources:
- Downloadable and printable checklists and plans that help you organize your preparedness needs. Check out a few of our checklists:
Preparedness Pantry Blog-
Short articles that talk about survival skills, food storage recipes, first aid tips, sales, gardening, and prepping in the national news. Check out these blog articles if you’re new to prepping:
Emergency Essentials Insight Articles
- Longer articles that answer some common concerns and questions about prepping like “What are the best tools to have during an emergency?” “How do I properly store water?” and “What’s the difference between freeze-dried and dehydrated foods?”
Here are a couple of Insight Articles that will give you an idea of the information they offer:
LDS Living Magazine Feature Article
- Check out the article in LDS Living Magazine this month about the basics of Emergency Preparedness featuring our product specialist, Tim Pedersen
This Preptember™ we want to spend the whole month helping you prepare. By taking it back to the basics of emergency preparedness, we are brushing up on important principles, concepts, and tips about how to be prepared for emergencies
So join our Preptember™ Party this September! Stop by the blog, Facebook, or our stores to say hi! We can’t wait to hear from you.