Yield: 4 medium servings, 6 small servings
Serving suggestions: serve over toast (how Faye suggests serving it), mashed potatoes (how we tested it), rice, biscuits, quinoa, or wheat berries.
Variations: Add diced tomatoes, sour cream powder, carrots, or other varieties of cheese to suit your tastes.Ingredients:
- 1 cup water + 3/4 cup Provident Pantry™ Creamy Soup Base
- 1 teaspoon Provident Pantry™ Garlic Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Provident Pantry™ onion powder
- 2/3 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ green peas
- 2/3 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ sausage crumbles
- 1/3 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ shredded cheddar (do not reconstitute before adding to mixture)
1. Set a medium pot of water on the stove to boil.
2. Put the peas, mushrooms, and sausage crumbles in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Once the water has started boiling, pour enough into the mixing bowl to cover the sausage and vegetables. Let sit for five minutes while you make the cream mixture.
4. Measure the creamy soup base, garlic pepper, and onion powder into a small mixing bowl. Add one cup of water, and whisk until smooth.
5. Serve over mashed potatoes.
*Please note that this is different than the directions on the can.
This recipe was a big hit in the office—everyone who tried it wanted a second serving.
Enjoy! (And thanks, Faye, for the great recipe idea!)