This version of my food storage pizza highlights our new Freeze-Dried Pork Patty Crumbles. These crumbles have 30% fewer calories, 47% less fat, and 18% more protein than your typical Sausage Crumbles - without sacrificing flavor! They really taste amazing and can make a great addition to the real meats in your food storage. You can save 31% off the regular price of $34.95 when you purchase 6 or more cans through the end of this month. Sale price = $24.00.
I like to make homemade pizza dough using my bread machine (my kids really like it). Here is the recipe if you want to give it a try:
• about 2/3 cup warm water
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• ½ tsp honey
• ½ tsp sugar
• ¾ tsp salt
• 1 Tbsp cornmeal
• 1 ¾ cups flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp garlic salt or powder
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp yeast
Add ingredients in order to bread machine and run 'Dough' mode. When finished, place in a greased 9x13 pan. Now simply press down on it from the middle and work it out to the sides until it's shaped in the pan. Put on some homemade sauce (see below), and pre-bake at 400º for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, add cheese and toppings and bake for about 20 more minutes.
Tip - Using a baking pan/dish is a quick and easy way to make your pizza. Does anyone really know how to throw the dough in the air over and over to make a nice, round dough? I'm sure there are few of you out there, and I applaud you. I need to add that to my "Learn to Do" list.
Homemade Pizza Sauce (for 1 pizza - you can double it for 2)
• 1 Tbsp butter or margarine powder + 1 Tbsp water
• 1 Tbsp flour
• ½ tsp cumin (optional, this is one of my secret ingredients - it will give it a "rustic" flavor)
• 1 tsp garlic powder or garlic salt
• 1 Tbsp tomato powder
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• about ½ cup water
• salt and pepper
1. Mix butter or margarine powder with 1 Tbsp water in small saucepan; Heat slightly over medium heat
2. Add flour and mix well (will be kind of like a paste)
3. Add cumin (optional), garlic powder, tomato powder and Italian seasoning; mix well
4. Slowly add water and mix well
5. Continue to simmer for a few minutes; Add salt and pepper to taste
2 cups Freeze-Dried Mozzarella Cheese, rehydrated
1 cup Freeze-Dried Cheddar Cheese, rehydrated
1 cup Freeze-Dried Pork Patty Crumbles, rehydrated
4 - 6 slices of Yoders Canned Bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
½ - 1 cup Freeze-Dried Mushrooms, rehydrated
½ - 1 cup Freeze-Dried Tomato Chunks, rehydrated
½ cup sliced olives
Whatever else you like on your pizza!
Tip - After rehydrating and draining the vegetables, give them a gentle squeeze to get some additional water out of them before placing on the pizza.
So there you have it - another amazing meal made from your food storage!