Sanitation items are easy to gather. There may already be some necessary items for grooming and sanitation in your emergency kit. You can also purchase a pre-assembled sanitation kit which is an inexpensive and convenient way to prepare what you'll need during an emergency.
Another option is assembling your own emergency sanitation kit so you can choose brands or items your family is accustomed to using. Often, you can purchase your favorite brand of soap, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, deodorant and other items in bulk so you can set some aside for your emergency kit. You may also be able to buy these items in more convenient travel sizes.
Check your emergency kit to see if you already have some necessary items for grooming and sanitation. If you want to create your own sanitation and hygiene kit, here are some areas that you might want to consider:
• Toilet Paper: When it comes to emergencies, any kind of toilet paper is a luxury. By preparing ahead of time, and stocking your favorite brand, you can insure that you don't experience unnecessary discomfort. Also, keep in mind that it is possible for those in emergency situations to develop stress and diet related stomach problems that can intensify your sanitation difficulties.
• Toothbrush: People with sensitive teeth may want to store their preferred brand of toothbrush in their emergency kit. It is a wise idea to store several toothbrushes to give away to someone who neglected to store any. It may also have another useful purpose such as cleaning or scrubbing.
• Toothpaste, mouthwash, and breath fresheners: Emergencies present stressful situations where human communication is crucial. Sometimes water is scarce or unavailable which causes dryness in your mouth. A breath freshener may be a nice addition to your preparedness supplies.
• Feminine Hygiene Products: It is important to be prepared in all areas. These items are important to have available in any emergency situation. They can also be helpful tools for a variety of first aid needs.
• Deodorant: With several choices of deodorants, you may want to decide ahead of time what you'll need during an emergency. Air fresheners or deodorants may also increase your level of comfort during an emergency.
• Hair Supplies: Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, combs, brushes, and other items may not be necessary for survival, but they can help make an emergency situation more comfortable and clean.
Be sure to store smaller sanitation items in your emergency kit and be aware that you can over stuff your emergency kit. If it is too heavy, you may not be able to leave with it during an emergency.