It's that time of the year again when I wonder what to do with all of my zucchini from the garden, let alone the ones that keep showing up on my porch from the neighbors!
This recipe was very easy to make and my children loved it.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups fresh grated zucchini
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup chopped walnuts
1. Mix together butter or margarine, sugar, oil and eggs.
2. Add vanilla, buttermilk, cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
5. Bake for about an hour at 325°.
6. Top with frosting or powdered sugar.
Ready to eat topped with powdered sugar