Peach "Shortcake" with Strawberry Basil Sauce Recipe
Yields: 4 "cakes"
- 1/2 batch
- Drop Biscuits made from Emergency Essentials Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 5 cups
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Peach Slices, reconstituted
- 6 cups
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Strawberry Slices
- 5 tsp
- Emergency Essentials White Sugar
- 2 - 2 1/2 tsp
- Emergency Essentials Basil
- Bake drop biscuits according to package directions.
- Reconstitute peach slices; drain. Meanwhile, crush freeze dried strawberries in a large Ziplock bag with a rolling pin until it reaches a fine powder.
- Sautee peaches in a large skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Once peaches have brightened in color and firmed a bit, turn heat to low and add sugar, constantly stirring until it caramelizes (make sure you continually stir it to avoid burning!). When caramelized, remove from heat.
- Pour strawberry powder into a medium-sized saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups water; mix well over medium heat until its sauce-like. Add basil.
- Top biscuits with peaches and then spoon strawberry basil sauce on top.
Adapted form Jennifer via SavoringTheThyme.com
Products You Might Like