Powdered Milk Tips
May 5, 2011 | 57 comment(s)
• Add Powdered Milk to dry ingredients when baking. Then just add the appropriate amount of plain water when milk is called for in the recipe. Super easy!
• We use powdered milk in our handcrafted soaps. It makes a mild and moisturizing bar that's great for your skin.
• I don't drink milk. When I did need milk for a recipe, I would usually have to make a special trip to the store, use what I needed for the recipe, and then the rest would spoil. Now, having Powdered Milk in the house saves me money. I don't have to make a special run to the store, don't have to throw away spoiled milk, and I cook and bake more often.
• 1 cup of Peanut Butter, 1 cups of warm Honey, 1¼ cup of Powdered Milk. Mix together and let cool, then roll into little balls. It's great nutritious candy.
• When making a bread recipe that calls for scalded milk, just put in your dry Powdered Milk with equivalent water. Scalding the milk is to kill the enzyme in milk, Powdered Milk has already had the enzyme killed. Saves me time and money!
• Powdered Milk makes a great condensed soup mix, great fudgesicles, yogurt, whipped topping, cheese, etc. It is amazing what a workhorse it really is.
This post was posted in Uncategorized