This book is great it shows all the survival basics and more. This book covers everything from water to shelter to food to a 14 day emergency kit. I would highly recommend this book.
Posted on 5/18/12 by Brandon
This book covers just about every emergency scenario with helpful tips, charts and strategies. It's a new favorite! Worth the price for peace of mind.
Posted on 12/7/10 by Nikole
I am Ready
Thanks, for all you most gracious help. Now I am not only prepared for Hurricanes but most anything else they throw at us. This is a constant work in progress. I found the book a great help and now I'm being asked to help others to prepare also. I will certainly recommend this book and encourage others to use it and refer to it often. Thanks, Judy in Florida
Posted on 8/10/09 by Judy MWrite A Review
- Additional Info
No matter who you are or where you live this book gives you information on:
- how to find water and make it safe
- what to do before, during and after a natural disaster
- what a "72-hour emergency kit" may not be enough and how to make it into a "14-day emergency kit"
- how to select emergency equipment
- what food to store and how to store and use it
- how to grow, harvest, store your own garden
- how to insure proper nutrition in a crisis
- how to make a basic shelter
- basic signaling and communication
- how to find wild edibles and grow and use basic herbs
- proper emergency sanitation
- what nuclear war could bring and how you can prepare against it
- basic first aid
- how to raise your own animals, hunt, trap, fish, and how to use what you get
- where to find additional information and much more!