Spicy Cauliflower Popcorn Recipe
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
Yields: 1 ½ cups
Use the Sunflair Deluxe Solar Oven Combo
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups
- Emergency Essentials® Freeze Dried Cauliflower (use bite-sized pieces)
- 1/4 tsp
- Emergency Essentials® Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- Emergency Essentials® Iodized Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- Emergency Essentials® Crushed Red Pepper, or to taste
- 1 TBS
- Olive oil
- Reconstitute cauliflower; drain.
- Place cauliflower in a small bowl; drizzle with olive oil and mix well.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
- Place seasoned florets evenly on one heat-conducting baking tray.
- Bake in solar oven by placing the oven in an open place, directly facing the sun so its shadow is straight behind the oven.
- Cauliflower florets are done when they are tender and golden brown.
Cooking time: 5 Hours, if you start it by 11:00 am, it will be done by 4 pm.
For a variation: To make a crunchier popcorn, try spraying non-reconstituted Cauliflower pieces with a light butter flavored spray or oil. Immediately add spices and mix well.
Adapted from ModernMom.com
Write A Review