Emergency Essentials Scholarship
For nearly 30 years, Emergency Essentials® has been helping people prepare to make the best of unexpected events. If you are currently a student, it’s very likely that we have been doing our thing since long before you were born. Our formula is simple: provide high quality, long lasting, emergency food and gear items at affordable prices.
You may ask, “How can that possibly apply to me?” Here’s how.
Obtaining a higher education is a very important form of emergency preparedness that not only benefits you as an individual, but hopefully society as a whole. Your education will help you earn higher wages, see life from a new angle, and maybe even create that next big thing the world has desperately needed for years.
In an effort to help students carry some of the financial burden that comes along with higher learning, Emergency Essentials® is pleased offer two $500 scholarships, one every fall and winter semester. Each scholarship winner will also receive four 3-day emergency kits that fit in a backpack for easy storage and portability, as well as to share with friends and family.
We hope you will apply!
How to Apply
Beginning on August 25, 2016, eligible applicants are invited to apply for one of our two (2) $500 scholarships:
Winter 2017 Scholarship: Submit your application by November 20, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. MST. Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be notified by email on December 1, 2016.
Fall 2017 Scholarship: Submit your application by June 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. MST. Applicants who are awarded scholarships will be notified by email on July 1, 2017.
The scholarship may be used for tuition, room and board, books, or travel.
Applicants, including the last recipient, must reapply each semester to qualify for the scholarship.
To apply for an Emergency Essentials scholarship, applicant must:
- Be accepted to attend or is currently attending an accredited four-year college, university, or technical school during the Fall or Winter of 2016. Institution must be located in the United States.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student for no longer than 4 years in a Bachelor’s Degree program or similar area of study.
- Be studying in the field of food science, emergency management, health science, or other related fields.
- Be a legal resident of the United States.
- Complete and submit an application and all other required documentation by the aforementioned deadline.
- Meet any other eligibility requirements found within the scholarship program.
Please check your eligibility before applying.
Additional Requirements (In the Application)
- Provide proof of enrollment at the accredited post-secondary institution in which student is enrolled (letter of acceptance for first year students is acceptable).
- Reference letter from a non-family member outlining personal and/or academic merits of applicant.
- 500 word essay on how applicant’s degree would help other people prepare for emergencies.
Click here to read all terms and conditions of the program
About Emergency Essentials
Emergency Essentials® delivers exactly what people reach for during widespread disasters like storms and earthquakes, as well when facing everyday challenges like an accident, illness or job loss.
We are the nation’s oldest and largest supplier of all things preparedness, specializing in the finest in freeze-dried food, emergency gear, and water storage. We also provide warmth and shelter, first-aid and sanitation, lighting and power back-up, communications and more.
You’ll also find a wide selection of emergency kits, MREs (Meals Ready to Eat), year supplies of long-term food storage, auto kits, water filters…in short, everything a person, family or institution needs to be prepared when an emergency strikes.