Salmon Burgers Recipe
- 1 1/2 C
- reconstituted Emergency Essentials™ Uncooked Freeze Dried Salmon, shredded
- 1/4 C
- Emergency Essentials™ Whole Egg Powder + water to reconstitute
- 2 Tbsp
- bread crumbs (Mountain House® Pilot Crackers work well!)
- 2 Tbsp
- Emergency Essentials™ Freeze Dried Green Onions, rehydrated
- 1/2 tsp
- Emergency Essentials™ Lemon and Dill Seafood Blend
- Dash of Black Pepper
- handful of Emergency Essentials™ Freeze Dried Pineapple, reconstituted
1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until combined. The ingredients should be fairly sticky and hold together into patties pretty well. If they crumble apart, add more whole egg mix and/or bread crumbs as needed.
2. Form into patties. Be sure they’re not too thick unless you’re cooking them over low heat—you want them to cook all the way through before the outside is overcooked.
3. Grill over medium heat on a gas/charcoal grill, or cook on a stove-top grill pan (do not use lid of grill pan—it will smash the patties too thin and they’ll turn out dry). You could also bake them or cook them on the stove top using a frying pan, but we love the added flavor from grilling.
4. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, then check the center of the patty to be sure the fish is opaque and has cooked all the way through. Continue to cook if needed.
5. Serve on a charred bun with a white sauce or a spoonful or two of reconstituted freeze-dried pineapple (our preferred topping). You could also use fresh pineapple spears/rings and grill them before adding to your sandwich. Add any other toppings you prefer (like thinly sliced red onions; lettuce, spinach, or shredded cabbage; tomatoes; or a mango salsa).