- Label Info
% Daily Value Serving Size 1/4 cup (53 g) Servings Per Container Apx 385 Amount Per Serving Calories 210 Calories From Fat 35 Total Fat 3.5 g 6% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 0 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 35 g 12% Dietary Fiber 6 g 22% Sugars 0 g Protein 9 g 18% Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 15%
Ingredients: Oat Groats.
Allergens: Processed in a plant that handles egg, milk, soybean, wheat, peanut, and tree nut products.
Directions: Cook and serve as you would cereal or rice by simmering for 15 minutes. May be ground in to flour.
I was looking for a multi purpose grain, and oat grouts are it! I love that I can grind it into flour for bread or other items where flour is called for, as well as making a nutritious hot breakfast or rice-like side dish. I think this is a great alternative to wheat or plain white rice.
Posted on 1/13/10 by Jeannie SWrite A Review
- Additional Info
- Each 6-gallon SuperPail™ gives you easy access to your food and holds an amount of food equal to about eight #10 cans.
- In addition to saving you money, SuperPails™ are stackable, so you can save space in tight storage areas.
- Each durable pail is constructed of a sturdy, food-grade plastic designed for long-term storage.
- Every pail (except for honey) is also lined with a metallized bag to keep your food safe from mold, weevils, and other pests.
- An enclosed oxygen absorber keeps SuperPail™ foods fresh.
- After you've used all the food in a SuperPail™, the empty buckets can be reused to store a fresh supply of grains—or for emergency toilets, to carry water, or for other needs.