- Label Info
% Daily Value Serving Size 3 Tbsp (40 g) Servings Per Container Apx 499 Amount Per Serving Calories 90 Calories From Fat 0 Total Fat 0 g 0% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 5 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 24 g 8% Dietary Fiber 11 g 45% Sugars 0 g Protein 10 g 20% Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 20%
Allergens:Processed in a plant that handles wheat, egg, milk, soybean, peanut, and tree nut products.
Directions:To cook, combine 1 cup lentils and 2 1/2 cups water in saucepan. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover tightly, and boil gently for 30 minutes. Lentils do not require presoaking. Yields apx. four 1/2 cup servings.
Lentils can be used for making soups and casseroles. They are also excellent sprouted and used raw in salads.
- Packed in a 6-gallon SuperPail™
- (6 gallon bucket, metallized bag, oxygen absorber, lid with gasket, and product).
- Dimensions with lid:
- 17” high X 11 ¾” wide (may vary with manufacturers)
- Shipping Weight:
- 44 lbs
Perfect for quick soups
Lentils cook fast. You can make a pot of soup in one hour. No soaking is required, unlike with beans and wheatberries. And lentils are easier for most people to digest. This is a great item.
Posted on 9/14/12 by RobertWrite A Review
- Additional Info
- Each 6-gallon SuperPail™ gives you easy access to your food and holds an amount of food equal to about eight #10 cans.
- In addition to saving you money, SuperPails™ are stackable, so you can save space in tight storage areas.
- Each durable pail is constructed of a sturdy, food-grade plastic designed for long-term storage.
- Every pail (except for honey) is also lined with a metallized bag to keep your food safe from mold, weevils, and other pests.
- An enclosed oxygen absorber keeps SuperPail™ foods fresh.
- After you've used all the food in a SuperPail™, the empty buckets can be reused to store a fresh supply of grains—or for emergency toilets, to carry water, or for other needs.