- Label Info
% Daily Value Serving Size 1/4 cup (53 g) Servings Per Container Apx 385 Amount Per Serving Calories 170 Calories From Fat 10 Total Fat 1 g 2% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 0 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 36 g 12% Dietary Fiber 6 g 25% Sugars 0 g Protein 8 g 15% Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 10%
Ingredients:Hard Red Wheat.
Allergens:Processed in a plant that handles wheat, egg, milk, soybean, peanut, and tree nut products.
Directions:Grind into flour and use in recipes calling for whole wheat flour.
This is excellent wheat. High protein, dry, good gluten. I have been baking bread with it for several months and it is all excellent. I have been burned at the health store with low protein/strout damaged wheat that makes terrible bread. I'm on my 3rd bucket and will likely never buy anywhere else.
Posted on 10/19/13 by Dan
great product, price
I ordered the red hard wheat, received it in several days. I have been using it for all my baking and I have even used it to grow wheatgrass and juice it. I am extremely pleased with this product and will continue to purchase it.
Posted on 10/7/12 by Bernadette P
Don't pass up
Very well packaged, and the price cannot be beat. It took a little time for me to get my order - almost a week and a half, but the shipping charge of $12 on 4 pails was wonderful. Lots of other places charge cost for shipping and it can be really prohibitive when you are buying this sort of item. Can't wait to make fresh bread with my grain.
Posted on 6/10/11 by D A
I bought this and several other pails of wheat. Not only was it all delivered to my door very fast, but the quality is just wonderful. I grind it to make all our breads and I get nothing but raves about how good and fresh it tastes. The buckets fit the gamma lids too and store very easily in my kitchen pantry on the floor. Thank you!
Posted on 1/2/09 by AngieWrite A Review
- Additional Info
Related Blog Post - Wheat Berry Salads
- Each 6-gallon SuperPail™ gives you easy access to your food and holds an amount of food equal to about eight #10 cans.
- In addition to saving you money, SuperPails™ are stackable, so you can save space in tight storage areas.
- Each durable pail is constructed of a sturdy, food-grade plastic designed for long-term storage.
- Every pail (except for honey) is also lined with a metalized bag to keep your food safe from mold, weevils, and other pests.
- An enclosed oxygen absorber keeps SuperPail™ foods fresh.
- After you've used all the food in a SuperPail™, the empty buckets can be reused to store a fresh supply of grains—or for emergency toilets, to carry water, or for other needs.
Not sure how to choose the right food storage items? Check out our 15 Tips for Food Storage Shopping to help you make an informed decision.