- Label Info
- Net Weight:
- 30 oz
% Daily Value Serving Size 1/4 cup (18 g) Servings Per Container Apx 47 Amount Per Serving Calories 60 Calories From Fat 0 Total Fat 0 g 0% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 35 mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 14 g 5% Dietary Fiber 1 g 6% Sugars 4 g Protein 2 g 3% Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 60% Calcium 4% Iron 4%
Ingredients: Potatoes, Cabbage, Onions, Carrots, Celery, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Tomatoes.
Allergens: Processed in a plant that handles wheat, egg, milk, soybean, peanut, and tree nut products.
Directions: For each 1 cup serving: Add ¼ cup Mixed Vegetables for Stew to 1 cup cold water and bring slowly to a boil. Cover pan. Simmer until vegetables are tender (about 10-15 minutes). Season to taste and serve. May add bouillon, tomato, and meat. May add as a flavoring to soups and stews.
One of My Favorites
In my kitchen I have all my freeze dried foods ready to use . I rotate old out to kitchen, new into storage. This is the one that gets used the most in our house. It makes an excellent soup/stew/stir fried veggie side. Very good. It looks like everyone puts tomatoes/beef with it but I also use a chicken base and it is very good. Versatile storage item. A must have!
Posted on 6/16/14 by kim
Delicious! We bought a can of this back in 2009 to add to our food storage but never used it. This month though, some unexpected medical bills hit us and we ran out of money in the middle of the month. I pulled out this can tonight and made a pot of home-made icebox soup, added a can of tomato juice, some ground beef and elbow macaroni and my family nearly inhaled the whole pot. I will definitely be buying another can to replace this one in our food storage closet.
Posted on 9/19/12 by L. Brown
Great soup base, diced too small to be called stew though. We use this almost weekly as a soup staple (close to being a cabbage soup). I'v made it with beef cubes, sausage chunks, spam chunks,chicken chunks, ground beef.. They all turned out tasting great, Family leaves NO leftovers. A+++
Posted on 7/27/12 by Swampwood
vegetable stew mix
I used the vegetable stew mix with beef stew chunks that I browned in a skillet, that I dredged with flour. I added water spices (salt & pepper), the stew meat in a crock pot and let simmer for 3 hours on high. My husband and family loved it along with biscuits. Very tasty!!!
Posted on 11/4/10 by Toni
Hearty mix of vegetables
I added these vegetables to scrambled eggs and some sausage for a great breakfast. I'm going to make small meat and vegetable pies with this, too. The pieces may be small, but they taste really good.
Posted on 8/17/10 by Christie
Makes Great Soup!
The veggies are cut way too small for what I would consider 'stew' but this mix makes EXCELLENT vegetable soup! Add a can or jar of tomatoes, some boullion/stock or soy sauce/herbs/ meat- if desired (we're mainly vegetarians) -- plus 10-15 minutes of simmering and 'good-to-go'!
Would be tasty to add to rice too...
Posted on 7/2/10 by Sue
a must have!
The vegetables look and taste so fresh that it is hard to believe they are dried. Our "kitchen garden" is about finished producing for the season, but I can add some of the dried vegetables to my scant garden harvest and have enough robust soup for a crowd! This will be a staple in my pantry.
Posted on 8/12/09 by JoyceWrite A Review
- Additional InfoFor best flavor and nutrition, keep cans constantly stored at 70° or lower. Once opened, keep in air tight containers in dark cool places. To learn more about how long you can expect food to store see our Shelf Life Article.
Packaged with an oxygen absorber in a #10 stainless steel can that is double-enameled to prevent aging and rust. #10 can dimensions: 7” high X 6.25” diameter. To learn more about how packaging makes a big difference in keeping food at optimum levels, view our Food Storage Packaging article.