A Note regarding Auxillary Power
I would just like to point out that this item DOES NOT have a generator as mentioned in the description - it has an inverter. It's important to differentiate that a generator "generates" electricity and an inverter converts electricity from DC to AC.
Posted on 9/11/11 by Bob
A Must Have!!!
Never failed me once. Have used it to jump batteries. Blows up auto and bike tires in a cinch. Even used it to check my vehicles alternators to see if the voltage was correct. Runs 110 volt small devices as stated.
Had the first unit about 18 months.
Just ordered a second unit for more backup.
Would be great for RV use to run a fan on a hot night or your laptop etc.
We wouldn't be without one or should I say two...
Posted on 7/9/10 by C. Olson
Great Product...Here are some pointers
I used this thing a lot--running lights while camping, jump starting little cars, (wouldn't start my brother's supercharged V6 Buick though), keeping my tires properly inflated on my motorcycle and car was very helpful due to it's portability and easy to read PSI gauge. Otherwise who really checks their tire pressure that often? It will save you gas and unnecessary tire wear. I even plugged my laptop into it to watch a movie several times. Then it died. I left it in the back of my Audi just in case of emergencies, but the temperatures in the trunk eventually reached over 150 degrees during the summer and I think it killed it. Not to mention the bouncing around in the trunk :-/ It no longer held a charge. So, if you buy it, keep it plugged in all the time,(the directions are confusing when it comes to this but trust me, at the very least charge it for one hour a week if you want it to have a full charge when you need it) and keep it stored at room temperature. It has all the features you'd need for short term emergency power and the day to day stuff too.
Posted on 10/11/08 by NickmoWrite A Review
- Tech Specs
Download PDFPower Dome Manual
- Able to power:
- Tool Charger (15w): 7.5 hr
Cell Phone Charger (20w): 6 hr
Digtial Camera (30w): 4 hr
13" Color TV (70w): 1.2 hr
Laptop (90w): 56 min
Work light (100w): 45 min
- Built-in Battery:
- High grade Sealed Lead Acid (Maintenance Free) 18amp-hr
- 12V DC; 110 volts AC (nominal)
- Input Charging Source:
- DC or AC w/included cables
- Fuse Type:
- 40 Amps external
- Light source:
- 5 LED
- Safety Features:
- Overload Protection
Short Circuit Protection
- Accessories included:
- AC adapter
DC cigarette adapter
air compressor accessories
- Dimensions (inches):
- 20 lbs
- AC Inverter- 2 AC Outlets (115 volts AC 60HZ)
- Maximum Inverter Output Power- 400 Watts
- Peak Power- 800 Watts peak surge for a max of 0.3 sec
- 12V Accessory Outlet- 12 Volt, 11 amps max
- USB Power Port- 5V up to 500mA
- AM/FM Radio- AM 520 to 1710 kHz/ FM 88 to 108Mhz
- Audio Output Jack- 3.5 mm diameter (1/8 inch)
- Recharging Time (AC) – 34 hours (can be plugged into the AC outlet for even longer without causing damage to the battery)
- Max Recharging Time (DC) – with engine running -12hours
- Jumper Cables and Clamps- 6 gauge heavy-duty clams, 24 inches
- Additional Info
Key Product Features:
- 600 AMP cranking amp jumpstarter
- One 18 amp hour DC power outlets
- iPod / audio input socket allows you to listen to your tunes
- Heavy duty rust resistant booster clamps
- Industrial quality #6 gauge cables
- Safe Storage for booster cables
- Quick flow inflates 16” tires in 5-10 minutes