Mixed Berry Pie Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups
- FD Raspberries
- 1 ½ cups
- FD Blackberries
- 1 cup
- FD Blueberries
- ¾ cup
- 1 teaspoon
- lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons
- ¼ cup
- Your favorite recipe for a 2-crust pie
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Prepare pie crust. Roll out half and place in an 8 or 9-inch pie plate.
- In medium saucepan, combine berries, enough water to cover them, sugar, lemon or lime juice, and cinnamon. Allow to simmer until berries are tender and plump and water has cooked down a bit.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir into berry mixture. Cook until mixture has thickened somewhat.
- Bake pie crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour berry filling into the crust.
- Roll out rest of pie crust and cut into 3/4 –inch strips. Weave into a “lattice” top crust on the pie. You can brush the lattice strips with a little beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired. (The lattice won’t take all the crust. Cut the rest into fun shapes and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to bake for children after the pie is done.)
- Finish baking on a cookie sheet for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool to just warm before serving.