You always hope you get at least 75% of what is advertised with any product you buy. Well, with this little radio you get 100%. My NOAA channel comes in crystal clear inside the house as well as all the local radio channels. I ordered two more for each vehicle. Money well spent!
Posted on 6/13/13 by Jeff
This is a great product. The power went out in my town and I had the voyager I had a light and a radio. I had the light and radio on for 6 hours with no problems at all with it. I would tell everyone to get one. I am going to get two more for my friends.If you get it you will be happy with it 100% I hope this helped you.
Posted on 11/4/11 by Jeff
Good little radio
Great emergency radio. I love the reading light. It's like an adjustable desk lamp for map or any type of reading. Weather, short wave, AM, FM, with plenty of power sources. It's not real rugged but I like it anyway. I would have given it a 5 if it would have been made in the USA.
Posted on 7/6/11 by Gpops69
Just received this item. GREAT product! Exceeded my expectations!
Posted on 11/23/10 by Susan
Best Emergency Radio
Bought this and after testing wrapped it up securely in shielding material to protect from possible EMP and put it with other emergency supplies. This radio works great on all power sources and especially the solar panel -- needs very little light to pull in strong signal. This is the best all around radio for any eventuality.
Posted on 6/4/10 by Al
I have to admit this radio is interesting It is very functional but has extras like the radio plays just on solar power and a cell phone/mp3 charging port. Decent speaker. Very light especially since you don't really need to add batteries. I haven't dropped it yet but it seems sturdy.
Posted on 10/13/09 by chris
A Great Radio !
A Great radio that I have forever!
Posted on 5/11/09 by Kelly SWrite A Review
- Related Products
- Tech Specs
Download PDFKaito Voyager ManualWeight: 1.22 lbs. (19.5 oz.) Dimensions: 5.5” high x 8” wide x 2” thick Radio Size: 8” x 5” x 2.6” Radio Ports:
- Earphone Jack
- USB Port Charge Out (some cellphones, mp3 player, etc.) Charge Built-in Battery
- AC Adapter 3.5 mm Jack (adapter sold separately)
- AM: 520-1710 KHz
- FM: 87.00-108.00 MHz
- SW1: 3.20-9.00 MHz
- SW2: 9.00-22.00 MHz
- Weather Band: 7 Pre-set Channels
- Additional Info
*The AA batteries, USB power cord, and AC adapter are sold separately. One-year warranty through Kaito.
- This radio is durable, yet lightweight with a rubberized body that is water resistant<./li>
- Does not charge Apple products
- NOAA stands for National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- When using the NOAA Weather Alert, it is recommended that the radio is plugged into a power source through the USB Port (In) or AC Adapter 3.5 mm jack (USB cord or AC adapter not included)
- One minute of winding will give roughly 12 minutes of radio play
- The Voyager™ radio does not charge up Apple® iPhones or iPads.
- The optional AA batteries cannot be recharged in the radio, only the internal Ni-MH battery is rechargeable.
- 6 ways to power the Radio: Hand Crank Dynamo, Solar Panel, USB Power In, AC Power In, 3 AA Batteries, Built-in Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery.
- Red or Green LED lights on the front of the radio indicate when the radio is on or when the batteries are low
- 3 lighting options: 5 LED reading lamp lights (under solar panel), white LED light, flashlight red S.O.S. LED for emergencies