Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups
- Emergency Essentials White Flour
- 1/2 tsp
- Emergency Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1/6 cup
- Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup
- Warm Water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Using a large spoon, or your hands, knead into a dough and form a large ball.
- Pinch off a 1-2 inch size piece and roll into a small ball. Press dough in a tortilla press and flatten with your hands as needed to create the desired size.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat to cook tortillas. Cook the tortilla on both sides until brown spots form and the tortilla "inflates". Don't worry if the tortillas are a bit firm, they're meant to be. These tortillas are great to use with the Open-Faced Shrimp Quesadillas recipe.