- 2 to 4
- Fresh Green Tomatoes
- Emergency Essentials White Flour
- Emergency Essentials Iodized Salt
- Emergency Essentials Mesh Black Pepper
- egg (beaten)
- Vegetable oil
- Slice several green tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip into flour that has been seasoned with salt and pepper, then beaten egg, then the flour again.
- Place in a hot skillet with vegetable oil or melted Crisco and fry until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
Alternately, you can add buttermilk or Emergency Essentials Buttermilk Powder and a little water to your beaten egg and dredge the tomato slices first in flour, then egg-buttermilk, then in a seasoned half-Emergency Essentials Cornmeal and half-flour mixture for extra crispiness. Drain on a paper towel before serving.