Foil Packet Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- 1/2 C
- Heavy Cream
- 1/2 C
- Emergency Essentials Non-Fat Dry Milk
- Eggs or Emergency Essentials Whole Egg Powder
- 1/4 C
- Emergency Essentials Sour Cream Powder
- 1/2 C
- Emergency Essentials White Sugar
- 1/4 TSP
- Emergency Essentials Premium Vanilla Powder
- 1 C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried Whole Blueberries
- Emergency Essentials Premium Korintji Cinnamon
- Slices Bread
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Syrup (optional)
- Reconstituted all Freeze-Dried ingredients according to directions on cans
- Mix the wet ingredients (cream, milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla), sugar and cinnamon together before you leave your home and place in a plastic storage container or sealable travel container. Store in a cooler until you’re ready to make breakfast. This will save you a lot of time and effort.
- When you’re ready to make your breakfast bake, pour the liquid ingredients over the cubed bread pieces. Stir, making sure the bread pieces are covered in the liquid. Don’t over stir or else the bread will turn to mush. Carefully fold in the blueberries and let the bread soak up most of the remaining mixture. It doesn’t have to sit very long.
- Coat your 3 aluminum foil squares with nonstick spray. Spoon the bread and blueberry mixture into the center of the foil, fold the packets with the seam on top. Place the packets on the grill or camp fire, but not directly on the heat source, but somewhere off to the side. If you place the packet in direct heat, it will burn the bottoms of the packets.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes. When the foil packet begins to expand, you’ll know they’re almost done cooking. When cooking them on the grill, open the top of the foil a little bit and let them cook for an additional 10 minutes to create a crisp top.
Adapted from: http://terrafirmaadventures.com/foil-packet-blueberry-breakfast-bake/
- Featured Products
Write A Review