Very Good Backup stove
I am very pleased with this stove and highly recommend it. Pros: 1) folds to less than 1/2 inch thick
2) has built-in windscreen at back that folds out and locks onto legs with tabs.
3) Supports large amount of weight without collapse.
4) very easy to use with any Heat cell or Sterno (buffet type) heater OR homemade pop-can alcohol burner.
5) Fuel cell lights easily, has little odor except when burning. No Smoke. Almost impossible to blow out, must be covered to extinguish.
1) Weight 16oz. but made of steel
2) Each fuel cell weighs 9.4oz
3) Takes 15-16 minutes to boil 8oz. room temp water in covered pan (with no wind in my heated apartment).
4) Heat cell becomes very hot while in use, so creative means must be used to extinguish cell by dumping it out to cover it, or slipping a cover into the tight space above cell.
Overall, not necessarily what a backpacker may be looking for due to Cons issues, BUT portability, ease of use, safety, along with security of knowing I can heat a meal (drink) with ease in difficult circumstances makes this stove a gem.
Posted on 12/23/12 by PBWrite A Review
- Tech Specs
- 2 lbs. 11 oz..
- Stove: 6.5 x 6.5 x 5 in. (16.5 x 16.5 x 12.7 cm)
Fuel Can (each): 3.5” diameter x 2 3/8” high