- 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp
- Emergency Essentials Butter Powder
- 1 1/2 lbs.
- Cooked corn beef, diced small
- 3 C
- Emergency Essentials Potato Dices
- 3 Tbsp
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Green Onions or 1/2 cup Emergency Essentials Chopped Onions
- 1/2 Tsp
- Emergency Essentials Minced Garlic
- 1/4 C
- Reconstitute potatoes and onions.
- Put butter and oil into a cast-iron or other heavy-duty skillet. Turn heat to medium-low and add corned beef, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate pan, cook potatoes until tender but firm. Drain.
- Chop potatoes into small pieces, and add to skillet along with other ingredients.
- Cook slowly over medium heat. Every 10 minutes, turn over with a spatula. Do this several times until hash is crusty and browned on the outside.
- Taste for salt and pepper and season as desired.
This is good served with sautéed cabbage or for breakfast topped with poached eggs. For “Red Flannel Hash,” add 1 cooked, chopped beet with potatoes and other ingredients.