Good quality several minor issues
I bought this grinder due to the cheap price to try grinding flour. This is a good grinder if you lost power or in an emergency. We bought several pails of the wheat and thought it would be fun to make bread. We were in for a surprise at the amount of work it takes to grind the flour by hand. Grinding enough flour to make a loaf of bread would take quite some time indeed and a lot of manual work. I would recommend purchasing this grinder as a backup emergency grinder but plan on an electric grinder as your primary means of grinding grains.
Posted on 8/26/12 by Brad
Great Little Mill
This is a great little mill. I have a Whisper Mill (that I love), and had once another hand-crank mill made in Columbia that wasn't very good. This one is so handy. Take it out, grind what you want, tap it a few times upside down to get out the grain and remaining dust, and put it away. We really love it.
Posted on 2/12/12 by Richard R
Five Star Value
Having recently purchased several Superpails of wheat to diversify my food storage, acquiring a quality grain mill to allow me more options to process it was now a requirement. Unable to justify spending hundreds of dollars for a device that would most likely see very little use (in my circumstance) I opted to purchase the Victorio. I'm honestly very impressed with the quality and value of the mill overall. I've used it several times to make flour and the end results did not disappoint.
Posted on 10/23/11 by BrettWrite A Review
- Additional Info
- Grinds exceptionally fine.
- Cone-shaped grinding burrs are self aligning, made of cast stainless steel, and are precision machined to insure long life and smooth, even milling.
- Grinds wheat, corn, rice, oats, barley, non-oily seeds, peppercorns, and other dry grains and spices.
- Adjustable for any desired texture from fine to coarse.
- Grinds about 1/8 cup of fine flour per minute.
- Make your own delicious whole grain breads, cracked grain cereals, and other bakery items at a fraction of the cost of store-bought.
- Saves you money, while providing fresher, healthier foods.
- Stores easily in a drawer or cupboard and is always handy when you need it.