- 2 lbs.
- Chicken pieces or 4 cups reconstituted Emergency Essentials Freeze-Dried White Chicken
- 4 TBLS
- Clarified Butter or canola oil
- 1/2 C
- Reconstituted Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Chopped Onions, drained
- 1/2 C
- Reconstituted Emergency Essentials Green Pepper Dices, drained
- 1 TSP
- Emergency Essentials Minced Garlic
- 1 C
- Reconstituted Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Tomatoes
- 1-2 TBLS
- Sweet or hot Hungarian paprika
- Emergency Essentials Iodized Salt and Emergency Essentials Mesh Black Pepper to taste
- 3/4 C
- 1 C
- Reconstituted Emergency Essentials Sour Cream Powder mixed with flour (Whisk ¼ cup sour cream powder and 2 tablespoons flour with 1½ cups water, blending well)
- In a heavy skillet, add onions and peppers to hot oil or butter, saute for just a minute or so, then add chicken pieces and garlic. Stir well to coat chicken. (If using fresh chicken, cover and allow to cook over medium-low heat until chicken is tender, adding a little water to keep veggies from scorching).
- Remove chicken and place in a bowl.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper, and water to skillet. Cook sauce for a few minutes, and then stir in the sour cream and flour mixture. Blend sauce well and simmer until it is thickened and bubbling.
- Add chicken back in. Allow to warm through
- Serve over buttered Emergency Essentials Egg Noodles or hot cooked Emergency Essentials White Rice.
In some parts of Hungary the green pepper is omitted, and they use rendered chicken fat instead of butter or oil. You can add ½ cup reconstituted, drained [mushroom slices] if desired.