Blackberry and Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 2/3 C
- Dehydrated Shortening Powder
- 2 C
- 1 tsp
- 5 Tbsp
- Cold Water
- 3/4 C
- White Sugar
- 1/3 C
- 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon
- 4 C
- Freeze Dried Blueberries
- 1 1/2 C
- Freeze Dried Blackberries
- 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp
1. Reconstitute both blackberries and blueberries, draining excess water.
2. Cut shortening into 2 cups flour and salt until particles are size of small peas.
3. Sprinkle in water 1 tablespoon at a time until flour is moistened.
4. Gather into a ball and roll out onto a lightly floured board.
5. Make two rounds. Place one crust in a 9" pie dish.6. Mix sugar, 1/3 cup flour, and cinnamon; Stir in berries to coat.
7. Turn filling into pastry-lined pan and sprinkle with lemon juice; Dot with butter.
8. Cover with top crust; Cut slits. Seal and flute.
9. Bake at 425°F for 35-40 minutes. Cover edge with foil to prevent boiling, and remove foil for last 12 minutes of baking.
10. Let cool, server, and enjoy.