Cajun Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 2 C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried White Chicken, reconstituted
- 1 C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Red Bell Pepper, reconstituted
- ½ C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Celery, reconstituted
- 2 Tbs
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Green Onions, reconstituted
- ½ C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Mushroom Slices, reconstituted
- 1 C
- Emergency Essentials Instant Nonfat Dry Milk, reconstituted
- 1 Tbs
- Emergency Essentials White Flour
- 1 tsp
- Cajun seasoning, divided* (or add more to taste)
- 2 TBS
- Clarified Butter or Red Feather Canned Butter
- ½ tsp
- Emergency Essentials Basil
- ½ tsp
- Emergency Essentials Iodized Salt
- 3 C
- Emergency Essentials Egg Noodle Pasta, cooked Parmesan cheese (optional)
*You can make your own Cajun seasoning by blending 1/4 tsp Emergency Essentials Onion Powder, 1/4 tsp Emergency Essentials Garlic Powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp Emergency Essentials Salt, and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper.
- Reconstitute first six ingredients. Drain and reserve excess water.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In skillet, sauté vegetables in butter and sprinkle with 1/3 of the Cajun seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle chicken with a little of the Cajun seasoning as well. Add chicken into skillet with vegetables and toss to coat with butter and seasonings.
- Mix in basil.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture and stir.
- Add milk and stir well until thickened. If there is any Cajun seasoning left, add it to the chicken mixture. Taste for seasoning; if it’s not spicy enough for you, add more Cajun seasoning to taste.
- If the sauce in the chicken mixture becomes too thick, thin it with a little of the reserved water.
- Fold chicken mixture into the cooked noodles.
- Add about ½ tsp of salt and mix well.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.