- 4 C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Broccoli, reconstituted
- 2 1/2 C
- Emergency Essentials Freeze Dried Green Beans, reconstituted
- 1 tsp
- Emergency Essentials Minced Garlic, reconstituted
- 1 tsp
- Emergency Essentials Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, plus more if desired
- Reconstitute broccoli in boiling water for about 1 ½ minutes. Reconstitute green beans in boiling water for about 2 minutes (we want them to stay a bit firm). Meanwhile, get a large bowl of ice water ready. Once vegetables are reconstituted, pour broccoli into a strainer and sit it in the ice water. When completely cool, allow the colander to drain. Repeat with green beans.
- Reconstitute minced garlic. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. When almost smoking, add the garlic and sauté for about 45 seconds. Remove and discard the garlic when it starts to brown to avoid adding a bitter taste to the dish. Add the red pepper flakes, broccoli, and green beans to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Adapted from the FoodNetwork.com (Giada De Laurentiis)