Blueberry Crepes Recipe
- 1 2/3 Cups
- Pancake Mix
- 1/2 Cup
- Nonfat Instant Powdered Milk (not reconstituted)
- 2 tablespoons
- Whole Egg Powder
- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Powder
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 Cup
- Water (More as needed)
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add water and blend well. The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream
- Chill batter for at least one hour.
- Prepare small skillet or crepe pan with cooking spray or butter as desired. Heat to medium.
- Check consistency of chilled batter. You may need to whisk in a little more water form time to time, as the batter tends to thicken.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and swirl to allow it to cover the bottom. Cover. When edges begin to pull away from the pan, carefully flip the crepe to cook the other side.
- Turn crepe onto waxed paper and top with another piece.
- Check consistency of your batter and cook another crepe. Continue until all are cooked, stacking them with waxed paper between to keep them from sticking. Peel off the waxed paper and fill with about 2 tablespoons of the filling of your choice, sweet or savory, spooning it in a line down the middle of the crepe. Roll crepe and place on a late. Top as desired before serving, with a little more of the filling, or a sauce, gravy, whipped or sour cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- 2 Cups
- Freeze Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup
- 1 Teaspoon
- Lemon or Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 Cup
- Place blueberries in a small but heavy saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- Add sugar and lime or lemon juice, and allow to cook over medium heat until berries are tender and reconstituted
- Mix cinnamon and cornstarch with 1/2 cup water and add to berries. Cook until thickened. (If it gets too thick, add a little more water.)
- Use mixture to fill and/or top crepes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Other Ideas for Crepe Fillings:Chicken with a savory sage gravy, topped with a dollop of sour cream.
Beef chunks and mushrooms with a sour cream sauce (much like beef stroganoff)
Sauteed vegetables in a creamy cheese sauce
Cherry pie filling, topped with whipped or sour cream
Chopped corned beef and sauerkraut, topped with a mustard-flavored sour cream sauce and diced onion
A chocolate spread such as Nutella, topped with whipped cream and sprinkle of nuts