Recipe: Creamy Sausage Crumble and Vegetable Stew
October 17, 2012
Recently, Faye from West Virginia submitted a recipe through a product review of the Preparedness Pantry™ Sausage Crumbles. I gave it a whirl in our test kitchen, and the results were pretty tasty!
Faye calls it Sausage Crumble… but since that’s also the name of our product, I took the liberty of re-naming the recipe to Creamy Sausage and Vegetable “Stew.” It's a really versatile recipe-- you could even substitute chicken for the sausage (or keep it as-is) and use it as a chicken pot pie filling. (Yum!)
- 1 cup water + 3/4 cup Provident Pantry™ Creamy Soup Base
- 1 teaspoon Provident Pantry™ Garlic Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Provident Pantry™ onion powder
- 2/3 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ green peas
- 2/3 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ sausage crumbles
- 1/3 cup dehydrated Provident Pantry™ shredded cheddar (do not reconstitute before adding to mixture)
medium mixing bowl.
the mixing bowl to cover the sausage and vegetables. Let sit for five minutes
while you make the cream mixture.
powder into a small mixing bowl. Add one cup of water, and whisk until smooth.