Beignets (Creole) Recipe
- 1 C
- 4 oz.
- Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 TSP
- Emergency Essentials Iodized Salt
- 1 TSP
- Emergency Essentials White Sugar
- 1 C + 2 TBSP
- Emergency Essentials White Flour
- Eggs (fresh eggs help the Beignets puff up or reconstitute 2/3 Cup Emergency Essentials Whole Egg Powder and 2/3 Cup warm water)
- 1 TSP
- Emergency Essentials Imitation Vanilla Powder
- Canola Oil for Frying
- Emergency Essentials Powdered Sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour (all at once), stirring vigorously
- Return to low heat and cook, beating briskly, until dough pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat by hand or with electric mixer on medium until smooth, glossy, and elastic. Stir in vanilla.
- Either drop by teaspoons into hot oil, or roll on floured surface to about an inch thick and cut into 2 x 2 squares. Drop squares into three inches of oil at 370° F.
- Fry for about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels, and serve topped generously with powdered sugar.