Thanks for the quick delivery. Feels good to add the 60 cans to our stockpile!
Posted on 5/17/13 by Prankster
From the 80's
We have some Mountain products that were canned in the early 80's. As long as the can is solid the food seems to be ok!
Posted on 5/17/12 by Ed
Excellent taste! This is much better than frozen food and on a par with homemade. This will be hard to save for an emergency!
Posted on 11/5/11 by Karen
I looked at just about every emergency preparedness site I could find and this was by far the most cost effective way to protect my family in a worst case scenario. I have not had to tap into them yet, so I can't vouche for the quality of the food, but it makes me feel good every time I see the boxes from Emergency Essentials on the shelves in my garage.
Posted on 2/17/11 by KevinWrite A Review
Includes 16 different Mountain House entrees, 8 different Provident Pantry® fruit or vegetable sides, and 4 different Provident Pantry® drink choices (numbers may vary depending on availability, substitutions of equal or greater value may be made). Contains both freeze-dried and dehydrated products. All contents are easy to use, simply add water!
- MH Chicken A La King with Noodles
- MH Rice and Chicken
- MH Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
- MH Noodles and Chicken
- MH Chicken Stew
- MH Turkey Tetrazzini
- MH Beef Stroganoff with Noodles
- MH Beef Stew
- MH Chili Mac
- MH Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- MH Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- MH Vegetable Stew with Beef
- MH Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
- MH Macaroni and Cheese
- MH Pasta Primavera
- MH Rice Pilaf
- PP Freeze-Dried Bananas
- PP Freeze-Dried Broccoli
- PP Freeze-Dried Cauliflower
- PP Freeze-Dried Cinnamon Apples
- PP Freeze-Dried Super Sweet Corn
- PP Freeze-Dried Green Beans
- PP Freeze-Dried Green Peas
- PP Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- PP Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- PP Apple Drink Mix
- PP Orange Drink Mix
- PP Peach Drink Mix
Depending on stock, some items in combo may require substitutions.
All substitutions will be of equal or greater value.
MH: Mountain House, PP: Provident Pantry
- Additional Info
For best flavor and nutrition, keep cans constantly stored at 70° or lower. Once opened, keep in air tight containers in dark cool places. To learn more about how long you can expect food to store see our Shelf Life Article.
Each product is packaged with an oxygen absorber or nitrogen flushing in a #10 stainless steel can that is double-enameled to prevent aging and rust. #10 can dimensions: 7” high X 6.25” diameter. To learn more about how packaging makes a big difference in keeping food at optimum levels, view our Food Storage Packaging article.
- A #10 Can is 7 inches high, 6 1/8 inches in diameter
- Contains 30 #10 cans
- Cans are packaged in a 6-can box (18 5/8 inches deep by 12 1/2 inches wide by 7 1/2 inches tall)
- Contains 10 6-can boxes
- If stacked 5 high and two wide supply would be 12 1/2 inches wide, 75 inches tall and 18 5/8 inches deep
- Shipping Weight: 137 lbs
This supply is excellent to add to an already existing supply in order to create more variety, versatility and ease of preparation.